2007/08/29

Basketball in Brisbane/Queensland III

Last Wednesday were the GBL finals and it was my last day at Auchenflower, the venue where I spent most of my Tuesdays and Wednesdays refereeing many basketball games. It was a great time for me!

Now, my 6-month internship here in Brisbane is nearly over. My girlfriend arrived last week and I will spend some time with her during the next two weeks here in Brisbane. After a short trip to Sydney, we'll pick up our Campervan in Brisbane and travel towards north to Cairns for 18 days. I'll be in Brisbane for a couple of days in the first week of October before I'm going to fly back to Germany with some stops in Hawaii, Los Angeles and New York :-)

Therefore, I'd like to say Goodbye, thank you all for let me being part of your community. All of you made me really feel welcome.

Some special thanks go to:
  • Ken, who answered my very first email when I asked for opportunities to ref some games in Brisbane
  • Daniel, Barry, Lee and Graham for let me being part of their leagues and all the game commitments
  • Justine, Lil and Lavi for all the rides to other venues or back home
  • All those I had the pleasure to ref with and
  • All evaluators for their feedback that I'll use to improve my performance

THANK you all for making my experience with basketball and refereeing in Brisbane and Queensland so nice.

Some pictures of all of my friends are here:

Basketball in Australia

Keine Kommentare: